Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Transplanting

Last night I transplanted what was left of the most recent tray of 3/4" soil blocks. Included in the operation were California Wonder sweet peppers, Sun Gold cherry tomatoes, Tango celery, and Catnip. Blue Lake green beans and slicing cucumber that were soaked and planted a few days ago are beginning to emerge. Yellow and zucchini style summer squash seeds were planted after being soaked for a couple of days. The marigolds were planted directly outside after sprouting yesterday morning. I have decided that sprouting them in paper towels in a baggie makes them difficult to transfer because the roots grow through the paper towel. Next time I will just plant them directly in soil in trays.


Something took out a few of my carrots last night and left a neat hole. I may have to build a chicken wire protective fence around some frames even though I am in a residential neighborhood. 

Here is our asparagus harvest from yesterday. This will be one of the last asparagus harvests this year. The remaining shoots are getting thin and will need to mature to feed the roots for next spring.



No comments:

Post a Comment