Monday, April 17, 2017

Transplanting outside

This morning I planted out two trays of lettuce, choi and kale. The lettuce was started very close together in the seedling trays so will take a few days to perk up. Following the motto of Stacey "I love to plant and harvest all of the time" Murphy, I will soon be harvesting from the radish and spinach seeds that I broadcast several days ago and the lettuce as well. I will harvest in such as way as to allow the remaining plants enough room to grow to full size. In some ways it is like growing and harvesting microgreens in the kitchen, except that the microgreens are usually harvested all at once.

I also harvested the kale from last year's garden that is beginning to bolt following the warmer temperatures this past weekend. It yielded about 3 gallons of loosely packed leaves.
This evening I transplanted the peppers and remaining marigolds to larger blocks. The peppers took longer than anything else to germinate.

No comments:

Post a Comment