Friday, May 20, 2016

Graduation Day for Tomato Starts

The tomatoes in the basement were almost touching the lights at about 6" in height. I decided to get a few out this morning to enjoy the beautiful spring day. I planted them next to the peas and they will grow up behind the peas on the same trellis. Some of the remaining tomato starts will go to colleagues at work and the rest will be planted in a container.

Mid-day Update: the tomato plants were looking pretty sad. I guess the sun was a bit too intense compared with the flourescent lights they are accustomed to, so I put up a shade cloth. I transplanted the rest of the tall tomato starts into 1 quart yogurt containers and placed them on a tray out in the garden.

I have my work cut out for me this weekend with two more garden frames to build, three containers to fix and an irrigation system to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment