Sunday, May 8, 2016

Early May Update

The veggies in the garden are beginning to grow more vigorously. I had to water the garden for the first time in many weeks due to several days of sunny skies and temperatures above 55 degrees F. This morning we had our largest harvest of asparagus. I think that I may stop harvesting the asparagus now and allow it to grow to support the roots.

In the basement we have trays of lettuce, tomato, basil, peppers, cauliflower, cabbage, and poppy. I had a feeling of relief this morning when I thought that the pressure of starting seeds was past, then I realized it is time to start the warm weather plants like cucumbers and squash. I decided to start them using the soak and baggy method, then transferring to soil blocks once they sprout.

No comments:

Post a Comment