Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Planting and harvesting

Last night, I harvested enough lettuce and radicchio to fill another 13 cup container. This was all from two lettuce and one radicchio plant that survived through the winter. I will definitely try to overwinter more salad greens next year, they are so much further ahead than anything I planted this spring. I also reseeded about 64 carrots (Laguna) and 32 beets, broadcast some spinach due to poor germination from the seeds that were planted in March, and started some marigolds inside. The cherry trees and tulips are in full bloom in Buffalo.

2 comments:

  1. i would love your talent for detail! Sometimes i cant even remember where i put my row of carrots or onions, and you know right down to the seed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Roy. I guess it goes both ways. I always appreciated your way of "just getting it done" and not worrying too much about the details. Good luck with your CSA this year!

    ReplyDelete