Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Squirrels

Well, the second challenge of the year has appeared (the first being near hurricane force winds). When I checked the garden beds this morning, I found that a curious critter, most likely a squirrel, had been digging for something, in the process digging up some seedlings. I will try covering the beds with Agribon cloth and see if that does the trick, if not, I may have to make full chicken wire cages like I did with the old frames.

Update 5/2/2018: Each night, I have been placing Agribon directly on the garden beds to discourage more digging by the squirrel. The cloth is light enough that it doesn't harm the seedlings. This appears to have been mostly successful (one morning it appeared that a squirrel had gotten under the cloth, but it didn't do much damage).

 

No comments:

Post a Comment