Tuesday, June 28, 2016

New frame

Last night I was able to fill another 4'x4' frame and transplant 12 cabbage plants that have been hanging out on trays in frame 2-3. I used (8) 40lb bags of potting soil, mushroom compost, leaf compost, Bumper Crop, peat moss and perlite to fill the frame made of 2x8's. After filling and transplanting, I covered the plants with ag-cloth to keep the cabbage moths out and to provide some shade.

The peas that were flowering last week are now ready for eating. Also, we picked 5 ripe raspberries yesterday evening.

I tested the drip irrigation harnesses on three frames. It seemed like there was not quite enough pressure to run them as they should. I will have to add valves to the main distribution line to separate the garden into watering zones receiving available pressure at different times.

No comments:

Post a Comment