Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Late Spring Update

Where has the time gone? I can't believe my last post was May 21. A lot has happened in the meantime and I hope to backdate some entries with photos after I get this out, but the peas began flowering shortly after the last post and we harvested some last weekend (about a cup). Our next harvest will be much larger. We started eating strawberries this week, have been harvesting kale, spinach and tatsoi (almost gone); the lettuce that was started in April was planted in frame 2-1, and 20 more lettuce seeds started indoors are about 1 inch tall. The lettuce that was planted last September has all bolted at this point, but the next crop will be ready in days. The romaine lettuce started in April is also being harvested. Two more garden frames and three grow box containers are ready with sweet peppers and basil planted in two of the grow boxes. I watered almost every day since May 21 except that we finally got some rain and cooler temperatures beginning last weekend, so I am enjoying a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment