Monday, April 4, 2016

Winter Returns

Upon waking from a peaceful nap Saturday afternoon, I rose to the scene of snow falling outside my window. I hurried outside to cover the garden frames and when I got back inside, checked the long term weather forecast and noted that the temperature is expected to fall into the low teens. I decided that I had better go back outside to harvest the lettuce which has grown considerably over the past few weeks or it might get freeze burned. I was rewarded with five gallons of greens for salads this week.

I would have liked to transplant the kale, tatsoi and lettuce into the garden also, but decided to wait until the temperatures warm up again. We started another 40 peas this week.

It looks like we will have a couple of mild days Wednesday and Thursday and then it is going to get cold again with maybe another warming trend starting next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment