Friday, April 24, 2009

Fair weather


I placed all of our tomato, lettuce, basil, parsley and broccoli outside today so that they can have a taste of real sunshine and the gentle breeze. Hopefully, we will get everything except the tomatoes, basil and morning glories planted out this weekend.

Yesterday, I visited the Cornell Plantations in Ithaca with my eldest daughter. Our favorite spot was the rhododendron garden built on a large round hill with several benches and hidden spaces to sit and enjoy nature. The smell of the pine mulch and beautiful surroundings brought back memories of walking in Sequoia National Park with my grandmother. I told my daughter that her great-grandmother would tell us to breathe the fragrance of the forest deeply through our noses and exhale through our mouths.

1 comment: