Thursday, March 22, 2018

Greenhouse Cleanup

I ventured into the greenhouse this week. There were quite a few leaves that needed to be trimmed and raked out and I watered everything. There was quite a lot more brown than the last time I checked. I wonder if it became too hot when we had the thaw several weeks ago with temperatures nearing 50 degrees F? I am planning to start tracking the temperature this weekend.

I am hoping to get some seeds started tonight or tomorrow night. There is kale and parsley that will be harvestable soon and garlic that will be ready mid-summer. The kale looks pretty sad, but will continue making new leaves for a little while before shooting up a flower head. I think that if I chop a few kale down to just a few inches, they may continue to produce for another season.

Panorama of interior before cleanup

Some sad looking kale

Parsley and kale getting going again

Late season parsley from last year, restarting

No comments:

Post a Comment