Tuesday, March 15, 2016

More seed starting

Last night I planted the seeds that I ordered from Johnny's, twenty soil blocks for each variety: Nash's Green Kale, Toscano Kale (aka "Dinosaur Kale"), Coastal Star Romaine, Tatsoi, and Tango Celery.

Today I planted about 32 of the pea seeds that were soaked in water two days ago. The root spur tip (radicle) was just beginning to poke out away from the seed. Tonight I will need to get the lights setup and I think that I will start more parsley for making tabouli. :)

The plan this weekend will be to get several bags of "Bumper Crop" soil amendment and empty one into each garden frame. If I have time, I will put together some planters for tomatoes, peppers, and cucumbers. When the ground dries out a little, I can begin digging trenches for an irrigation system.

No comments:

Post a Comment