Monday, May 6, 2013

Flowers everywhere

Kwanzan cherries are full of beautiful pink blossoms today. The forsythia are a nice mix of green and yellow with a compliment of purple vinca at their feet. The red flowering quince will be in full flower any day now and look very nice surrounded by blue forget-me-nots. The lilacs that I nurtured from the brink of oblivion several years ago, are finally blooming this year. The apple trees, peach and pears are also full of blossoms. This has been a perfect spring for flowering and fruiting plants with a clear break between freezing cold and warm sun-drenched days. My first order of business this spring has to be providing an automated way of watering. I expect that if the current weather pattern continues, we will soon be in a drought.

I saw the first beech leaves from the seedlings last weekend.

Update (May 9): Daffodils are fading and it wasn't long before the magnificent cherry blossoms were competing with the new green leaves. I took some photos around my office yesterday since I didn't manage to capture any of the blooms earlier this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment